[PLUG] Tracing mail sent via postfix

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 21 17:02:00 UTC 2017

   Very infrequently I learn that a message I sent was not received; at
least, the recipient did not see it. None of these bounced back to me so
I've no idea they were not received until I call the recipient who wonders
why they did not get the message.

   I suppose that google mail, and similar web-based domains, might think
that a word in my message represents spam, yet still I receive no indication
that the message did not go through.

   Is there a tool that can trace an outgoing message and determine where it
got lost if it does not reach the intended recipient?