[PLUG] ssh vs vpn

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 00:16:21 UTC 2017

As I understand it (I've forgotten a lot more than I remember), a vpn
provides a secure tunnel between your computer and the distant network. You
would use ssh and other protocols to connect via the vpn tunnel. So, it is
not really a vpn vs. ssh issue. It is a matter of making the ssh connection
out in the open over the Internet, or through the secure tunnel provided by
the vpn.

Michael