[PLUG] backup drive in a NexStar dock

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 24 12:42:00 UTC 2017

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Extra brownie points if we can trigger something that tells Linux to mount
> or unmount the drive.

   How about cron? My backup drive is external (and has its own power
supply). I have a cron job that runs at 12:30 am each day by mounting the
drive, running dirvish, and unmounting the drive when it's done. My job is
to turn on the unit when I log off for the day and turn it off in the
morning when I log on. Not very sophisticated but it's worked for years.