[PLUG] Current state of Linux voice recognition

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Wed Jun 28 13:52:23 UTC 2017

Up until about ten years ago, while still using Windows, I was following
voice recognition. At that time the only option was commercial product
which cost too much and wasn't a good match for my desires at that time.

Time has passed and I'm retired. What I'm looking for would be a large
vocabulary, single speaker, continuous speech system. The application
would be straight text note taking - I'm a slow and lousy typist.

I'm already investigating good microphones with good A/D resolution and
preferably high sample rate [I've ideas on pre-processing I would like
to experiment with].

Can anyone recommend some survey articles &/or competent current reviews.
TIA