[PLUG] Current state of Linux voice recognition

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Thu Jun 29 17:17:17 UTC 2017

On 06/29/2017 11:17 AM, VY wrote:
> About 11 years ago, I had a PC and using older version of this software:
>
>   https://cmusphinx.github.io/

That page speaks of Pocketsphinx, an apparently current version is in
the Debian repository. Synaptic reports "This package contains end-user
speech recognition tools", so it should be good start.

The site has valuable background information.

> I had to write some scripts but I have had some good success.  I did
> have a hardware audio/video capture card but not sure if that is
> making any difference or not.

Do you recall the sample bit depth and rate - [so I could compare to
hardware I'll be looking at].

> I would think it is much better by now.  I no longer have such a
> system in place.

Thank you.