[PLUG] Seeking opinion on new century link 1G install

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Thu Mar 2 07:56:38 UTC 2017

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 10:03:12 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> dijo:

>On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:50:01 -0800
>wes <plug at the-wes.com> dijo:
>
>>You should remove the Netgear from the network. Once you do that, set
>>your laptop back to 192.168.0.x and everything should work again.
>
>That is not clear to me. If I remove the Netgear from the network,
>nothing will go anywhere. It has a patch cord to the new modem, and
>patch cords to a 16-port and an 8-port switch, into which are connected
>both computers, the HDHomeRun, and several printers. Looking at the
>Admin page with Firefox it lists 'connected devices' as:
>
>	192.168.1.25     Brother desktop printer
>	192.168.1.126   Laptop wireless
>	192.168.1.136   Laptop eth1
>	192.168.1.148   HDHomeRun
>	192.168.1.100   Android phone

Partial success: I succeeded in getting the Synology working by
downloading and installing the .deb file for "Synology Assistant"
provided on Synology's web site. This allowed me to reset its IP
address, so now the router sees it. I still couldn't mount it until I
remembered that I had entered it in /etc/fstab and, sure enough, the
setting in fstab still had the . . 0 . address. I changed in fstab et
voilà!

Still can't get the desktop to see the internet. :(