[PLUG] Guide(s?) to backup philosophies

logical american website.reader3 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 07:08:28 UTC 2017

On 3/11/2017 9:39 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Suggestions?
> TIA
Richard:

I have found that having 2 internal back up drives and 1 external drive
gives me the safety and redundancy I need.  One internal backup drive
can mess up on a drive about ready to fail, and you won't catch the
failing fat clusters until the 2nd pass, but its too late then, if you
had only 1 drive.  Experience taught me 2 drives would suffice and
always use an external hard drive.

In mid-January I didn't back up a key area, because I was working
constantly in it, and a makefile cleaned everything including several
weeks of hard math and compiler work, so I was forced to recreate
everything from scratch, very painful experience.

Randall

--
CONFIDENTIAL: This email message and/or any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, dissemination, disclosure, retention or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments. This communication (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521.