[PLUG] Wireless video cameras?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 13 23:40:08 UTC 2017

   A while ago someone exploded a small pipe bomb in my mailbox. While this
is the first incident of its type in the 24 years I've lived here past
performance is no guarantee of future behaviors. And, I have a couple of
vehicles parked outside (one in the driveway the other along the curb).
Neighborhood vandalism seems to be increasing in spots around the
metropolitan area and where the next acts occur cannot be predicted.

   Given the hackability of many IoT devices, I would like to purchase a
securable color video camera I can mount outside that would record when
started by a motion sensor (like my exterior garage light) and transmit
results to my desktop server.

   Is such hardware and suitable linux software available? Recommendations
and advice are needed.