[PLUG] Ubuntu and NFS during boot

John Meissen john at meissen.org
Sat Mar 18 03:39:55 UTC 2017

Cathy.Smith at pnnl.gov said:
> No criticism intended, but cross mounting is not a good practice.  You've
> experienced one of the issues.  Ideally you'd want to get rid of all cross
> mounts.  Practically, in a legacy environment, that may not be possible.  You
> can consider making the mounts soft mounts or using automount.

Yeah, I've been dealing with cross-mounting filesystems for 25 years or more.
Sometimes it's just unavoidable. That's one of the reasons there's a 'bg'
option.

Automount is for a different use case that's not appropriate.

As I said, I just want it to work the way it's documented. Why is the boot
process different?