[PLUG] USB to ethernet adapters

wes plug at the-wes.com
Mon Mar 20 20:59:59 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett at cloud85.net> wrote:

> On 03/20/2017 03:28 PM, wes wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett at cloud85.net>
> > wrote:

> >> several.

> >> I visited the local Staples. All they stock locally is an Apple product,
> >> MC704ll/A. The package label says it is for use with only a Macbook Air.
> >> A web search was inconclusive - 1 says can't work, 1 says works fine.
> >>
> >> Is that the model you have?
> >> Should it work easily with Debian Jessie?
> >> TIA
> >>

> > sounds like a lot of extra money for uncertain function. I would be very
> > surprised to find that this model won't work on any mainstream linux
> > distribution, however I'm not willing to bet $20 on that expectation.
>
> Nor I ;/
> That is why I asked if it was the model David used.
>
> >This one:
> > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ET4KHJ2
> > does work on any OS you can dream up.
>
> <chuckle> It was Amazon and Ebay, from their respective foundings, which
> are my primary reason for dealing with with brick-b-mortar vendors.
> There is one more local vendor to check. They are now primarily an IT
> consultant, but I've been a low volume customer for >20 years, since
> they started as a consumer oriented storefront.

don't think I misunderstand; I too strongly prefer a physical presence
whenever possible. however it's just not always practical, and paying 300%
of the price for that privilege simply doesn't add up after a while.

how bout this. I'll mail you my adapter and you can test it out. if you
like it, send me $10 and I'll just order another one. if not.... I dunno,
keep it or throw it away and I'll just order another one anyway :)

-wes