[PLUG] Linux Mint / Evolution <--SYNC--> Galaxy S7 ?

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:05:06 UTC 2017

I use iCal for synchronizing evolution calendar and cardDav for the
address book with android's default calendar and address book via self
-hosted ownCloud. I guess that you could do it without ownCloud, but it
need quit a bit of manual synchronization without always on and always
accessible addressBook/Calendar ...DAV server such as ownCloud.
I have some rough notes on my Linux configuration here:
https://www.tomask.org/noticeBoard/evolutionOwnCloudConfig.html
On the Android side, I use iCal and cardDav to synchronize my calendar
and address book to my ownCloud. It is simple as that. The only
inconvenience I need to occasionally take care of - is to manually
initiate a sync after each iCal or cardDav app update to "sort of"
unstuck it. It is not big deal as the apps update only a few times a
year.
I am not sure is there is some Samsung S7 related dependency. I doubt
it, but maybe if one uses some special calendar/addressBook Android app
incompatible with the cal/cardDAV protocol.
If you need more details, feel free to follow up,
Tomas