[PLUG] Surplus shop -- with equipment racks?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Tue Mar 28 03:48:42 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 06:54:25PM -0700, nathan at sandver.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For any of you familiar with the Seattle area, is there any place in
> Portland like Re-PC? I'm particularly looking to get my hands on an
> inexpensive full-size, four-post equipment rack, but if there's anywhere
> that also carries a weird and wonderful assortment of random old Unix
> workstations, network gear, etc., that's always fun to browse and pick up
> odd toys from, too.

Nothing quite like Re-PC, but then, Re-PC is not what
it was two decades ago.

Surplus Gizmos in Hillsboro, about 15 miles west
Green Century Recycling on MacAdam, near SW
Free Geek Thrift Store, near SE
EcoBinary on Beaverton Hillsdale Highway

All these recycling places put their most-likely-to-sell
stuff in the store, but have a lot more passing through
on the way to material separation recycling.

For example, ecoBinary retails perhaps 10% of what they
get for recycling, mostly from businesses.  Ask the person
at the counter (usually Mickie) to watch for what you want.
I asked for three IBM X61 thinkpads, and they found them
for me in a week.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com