[PLUG] Bash variable substitutions for awk...

Scott Bigelow epheph at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:57:31 UTC 2017

I'm not super clear on what you're trying to accomplish, but I might
suggest attacking the quoting instead of doing something awk-specific.

awk -F "\",\"" '{ print '$each', $30, $33 }' ${input file}

so long as you don't put a space between the end single quote and the
beginning of a variable or other quoting mechanism, it is interpreted as a
single argument.