[PLUG] Awk script repositories?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 31 21:05:53 UTC 2017

   Are there available repositories of working, complex awk scripts for
manipulating large text files? These are not related to system or network
administration, but general business information.

   I frequently have large lists, such as names and addresses, that need to
be re-organized (e.g., grouped by county) or reformatted (e.g., for
insertion into database tables). It is really time consuming to do all this
manually and I'm not sufficiently experienced writing complex awk scripts to
know where to begin writing my own.

   If there are libraries of such scripts I might find one that does what I
need in any given situation, or find several that I can glue together to
accomplish what needs to be done.

TIA,