[PLUG] Awk script repositories?

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 22:19:55 UTC 2017

While this is not the answer you are looking for - if you are looking
for all sorts of data manipulation libraries - I would turn your
attention to Python or Perl - both have more libraries than you could
discover/learn in one lifetime.
While awk is supper fast and convenient, especially when used in pipes,
it is not the shining example of modern modular tool for large/long
projects. That being said, you are probably using unique data files and
formats for every little thing you do. So, you will need at least some
light custom data processing for each of those jobs, and in that case,
reusable awk scripts maybe a good choice.
Tomas