[PLUG] Ubuntu upgrade

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Mon May 15 04:28:24 UTC 2017

Installed 16.04 LTS via flash drive to new hard drive. Only took a few
minutes! Previous DVD installs took much, much longer. Anyhow, so far, no
network. Sadly, my Linux memory has become very foggy, so please forgive
the noobie type questions. I don't seem to be finding eth0. Using lspci, I
find the info for the onboard Broadcom Ethernet adapter, but under
'Capabilities' it says "<access denied>. Running ifconfig does not show
eth0, but it does show enp3s0. If I try "sudo ifup eth0" I get "Unknown
interface eth0."

I'm kind of surprised at the minimum of questions and the speed of the
install. I wonder what else will not be working?

Thanks for your comments,

Michael