[PLUG] GIAC certification.

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 23:16:01 UTC 2017

"Doesn't work if you live in poor Columbia county :-("

-- There's also the Oregon Library Passport Program, https://multcolib.org/oregon-passport-program , of which the Clatskanie, Scappoose and Vernonia Libraries participate in. It's a free, but limited use card, so maybe it doesn't provide access to Lynda.com.

Or perhaps you have friends or family some of the many other counties the are members of the Metropolitan Interlibrary Exchange.

Even if you paid $20/mth for the basic Lynda membership. That's a pennies on the dollar investment as compared to the courses you mentioned. There's a free 10-day trial and you can cancel your membership at anytime.

Either way, it's only one of the few resources that I mentioned. if I were you I'd focus more on your general attitude and how to solve problems and overcome obstacles that stand in the way of what you want to do. In my experience it'll take you a lot farther both in your career and life in general.

Best of luck!