[PLUG] Emulating scroll wheel and middle button on Trackman Marble [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 30 16:57:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017, Michael Barnes wrote:

> Happy to see this, sort of. I, too, am using a Trackman Marble, but I am
> using it with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (yes, I know I need to upgrade.) Looking at
> this fix, I went to xorg.conf and there is nothing. So, what does Ubuntu
> use in place of xorg?

Michael,

   xorg.conf was deprecated several years ago, probably when the udev system
was implemented. Now all specific config files are in /etc/X11/xorg-conf.d/.
That's where I put 10-evdev.conf. If you want a copy of that file let me
know off the mail list and I'll send it to you.

   You might want to check 'hwinfo --mouse' first to get the proper model
name.