[PLUG] Unable to connect by tethering to HP / Toshiba Laptops using Iphone 6 Plus ( using USB Cable ). I'm able to use same phone to tether successfully to a Thinkpad X220 Laptop??

mitch Stanley webuyhousesphxaz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 21:04:40 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm a  beginner & 1st post to list. I down sized from a Hot Spot to
tethering (USB)  with iPhone 6 Plus ( verion 11.0.2). I'm using Ubuntu
16.04. When I used the Hot

Spot I was  able to connect immediately but now   with tethering, it takes
60 minutes of  disconnected / reconnect / turn phone & / Or laptop off. (
Occurs with HP &

Toshiba    Laptops  but not with my Thinkpad X220 ). I've not able to find
any answers online.

I'd appreciate any suggestions short of reactivating my Hot Spot.

 Thanks in advance , Mitch Stanley