[PLUG] Printing from Virtual Box

Tom tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:00:15 UTC 2017

Hi Denis,

I am having second thoughts about your problem. Some times, the easiest
thing is to leave the working stuff alone, working.

You say that it works for you on your desktop. I assume that it is the
same W2k VM, right?

If the above is true, it should be as simple as copying your VM setup
from the desktop to laptop and starting it.

Here is how I would approach it:
* backup your existing ;aptop VM setup if you have any other VM already
configured on the laptop differently than on the desktop. You will
merge the differences later.
* stop vBox
* you need to cary over following directories/files in your home from
the laptop home dir:
  rsync -a --progress desktop:VirtualBox\ VMs ./
  rsync -a --progress .config/VirtualBox .config/
* start vBox and the W2k VM and it should work identical to desktop.

If it does not still work you will need to check firewall on your
laptop, try NAT ....

Hope it helps, Tomas