[PLUG] Printing from Virtual Box

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Nov 9 06:59:19 UTC 2017

Tom> Hi Denis, I am having second thoughts about your problem. Some
Tom> times, the easiest thing is to leave the working stuff alone,
Tom> working.

I went over this evening and we narrowed the problem down to Denis's
printer (HP OfficeJet 4630) not actually listening on port 9100.  The
linux machines work, of course, using IPP, discovered by DNSSD.  Linux
machines did not work pointing at port 9100 either.

The fallback is to print to a file on win2k on a shared filesystem, then
printing the file deposited there from linux.  There may be other
options, but printing directly from win2k does not seem to be among
them.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net