[PLUG] Mikrotik Router Board 2011 and SFP

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 16:36:24 UTC 2017

Folks,
I have a RouterBoard 2011, it has a port for an SFP interface. I have
several
Infineon SFP SX 850nm transceivers, I plugged one into the router board the
other into a media converter and tried to establish a link to the router
board, but
no joy. I wonder if any one has used the SFP port on Mikrotik products? I
would
like make a fibre run to a machine in a noisy environment but for some
reason
I cannot get things to work.

In the past when I have used these things (SPF transceivers ) they just
seemed
to work, so not sure what is going on here.

If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

--

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.