[PLUG] Backup MX server

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Nov 10 18:35:54 UTC 2017

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017, David Barr wrote:

> Something I've thought about for when I have my domain host back under my
> direct control is acting as a backup MX for friends (and at least one of
> them returning the favor). My idea is to act as a spooler until the
> Primary MX is back. I haven't seen much documentation out there about a
> mail server that just spools messages until the primary MX is back on
> line, though.

David,

   I've no idea how this works. When Aracnet/SpiritOne was a working ISP I
set a higer MX number for their mail server (white.spiritone.com). Now that
I've escaped their clutches I'd like a new backup.

   When you learn how functioning as a backup MX works please share with us.
No reason why any of us could not return the favor.