[PLUG] linux for a Ludite

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 00:50:50 UTC 2017

All well taken, these are good pointers, perhaps we should publish a book...

Here is what I am planning, the T42 is set up and running just fine. If it
works
out I will get her a newer ThinkPad. I figure that if she gets through a
few weeks
or months with it, then I will move her up to something faster, only issue
is she
LIKES the screen size on the ol' T42.

As to 32 bits, yep the choices are rapidly going away. Though I was not
planniing
on putting a real large distro on it, If she can just do her web stuff and
learn it.
The machine is way faster than she can type right now, so I am  not too
worried
about speed. It pays music and videos, and she can look at all she wants.