[PLUG] linux for a Ludite

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sun Nov 12 18:10:17 UTC 2017

On 11/12/2017 07:25 AM, Chuck Hast wrote:
> [snip]
> She most liked the big screen and the keyboard on that T42 is
> something that she really likes (not sure why but it sure is).
>
> [snip] But she wanted a bigger screen and a keyboard. I asked
> if she wanted a desktop, she said no a laptop, and pointed at
> my X301, and told me she wanted one like that but with a bigger
> screen. I pulled out the old T42 and set it up and now she is happy.

Just for the heck of it I pulled out my T43 and installed Debian 9.1
with MATE desktop. I see no problem with it. I got reminded of why I
liked it - the *PROPER* screen aspect ratio. I had switched to a T510 as
the HDD was too small and the CD had problems. Loading SeaMonkey is
slower but I saw no operational problem.

YMMV