[PLUG] Setting laptop network for new router configuration

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 14 21:49:55 UTC 2017

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Stay tuned. Update Real Soon Now.

Wes,

   Thanks for the lesson. Connecting to a LAN port and temporarily setting
the laptop eth0 to use DHCP made the difference. This is on a Linksys wrt54g
v.2 router. I also upgraded the firmware to 4.21.5.

   On the Linksys' admin pages is the statement that DHCP is limited to 50
hosts. After setting everything up for static IP addresses the status page
shows the ending LAN IP address as 192.168.55.51. My printers and the WAP
are in the .200-.220 range. Is this just a generic default value and the
router actually doesn't care about static IP addresses because it's not
serving them?

Regards,