[PLUG] Hard Drives - WD Red Pro?

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Wed Nov 15 01:11:41 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for big hard drives for disk-to-disk backup.
> I want reliability; speed and access time less important.
> 5400 RPM is probably more reliable than 7200 RPM.
>
> I used to buy large hard drives from local merchants;
> with Enu and Pacific Micro gone, I know of no good local
> options.  Iguana has hard drives, but nothing over 4TB,
> no high-reliability disks.  So, Amazon or Newegg or ?

I would comment that the angst about buying from local merchants is
unnecessary. If you feel bad about buying from Amazon or Newegg or buying
in Corvallis instead of buying in Portland then just take the money you
have saved and donate it to a local business or charity. They probably
don't make as much money per item as Amazon or Newegg so  they will be
better off than if you had bought from them directly.

Bill