[PLUG] NFS 3 server going down.

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 07:10:15 UTC 2017

We talked about my NFS v3 versus v4 reasons over a pint today, what better
place!

We talked about some enterprise filer issues not working correctly with
RHEL. I guess this could be extended to any heterogenous x-nix environment.
Maturity, is good enough reason - v3 is 1995 tech and v4 is 2000/2003
standards.

Though that would not necessarily apply to RPi. So, the question remains -
what else makes people prefer v3?

I hope that my original wording didn't make the question sound like if I
was trolling, which wasn't my intention.

- Tomas