[PLUG] Fiber connectors?

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:01:51 UTC 2017

No, we send all of them to "tend" garbage scows out on the Lagrange points,
they will have to deal with the fauna already aboard that eats everything.

Generally the techs for anything are good folks. Since I have moved to OKC,
I have had to deal with AT&T Uverse (not good) and Cox (FS folks great
bureaucracy typical no clue)  At least in their case the DNS server is local
and my modem allows me to use the DNS of my choice. AT&T the DNS was
hardwired into the modem and it was 8 hops away in Austin TX, 4 hops out
there was a router that had very high packet loss. I ended up bailing on
them
and going to the cable. There are only two ISP's in OKC now, but there are
mumblings that Google is coming. (can't wait). Oh yea there is the satellite
pond where I hear croaking from, but after using that service I hope never
to have to go back. They are BAD.

Back on the FS folks, I can't say that I have had any issues with the folks
that
do the field work but then I am a FS person my self and perhaps that helps
a bit.