[PLUG] Reality check

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 18 23:47:36 UTC 2017

   With the mail/phone issues I've had recently I want to check that I'm
doing things correctly. Two instances of not reaching web pages.

   I can load (and ping) www.opendkim.org, but cannot load (or ping)
lists.opendkim.org. This means their mail list page is off-line. Yes?

   Yesterday and today I try to access www.verizonwireless.com but the page
won't load. Neither can I ping that server. This means that their web site
is down. Yes?

   Perhaps it's the fault of climate change, but the mail server for the LyX
mail list has been down for 8 days now "we have some hardware issues that
should be resolved soon." Definition of 'soon' is left to the reader.