[PLUG] Xsane broke

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Nov 25 05:53:32 UTC 2017

I use my scanner infrequently. The last time I used it was back in
October. Today I tried to use it and got the error message"

Failed to open device `pixma:MP620_192.168.0.230':
Invalid argument.

Obviously, it's a network attached printer/scanner. I'm not really
surprised that I can ping it, since the IP address is in the error message.

The attempt to use it was with xsane on my Ubuntu MATE 16.04 machine. I
still have my older machine running Ubuntu 14.04. I can successfully run
xsane on it. For who knows what reason, updates have not worked on that
machine for a few months. So I'm guessing that some update on the 16.04
machine broke xsane.

Any ideas where to look for the cause of that problem?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens