[PLUG] What's up (or down) with spiritone/aracnet?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 2 01:33:39 UTC 2017

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, Michael Barnes wrote:

> I found some references that they suffered a pretty bad attack in August
> that affected their email services. They were trying to migrate to a new
> server a couple days ago that looks like it went sideways on them. Might
> have some bearing on your issues today.

   I just received a bounced message sent Friday at 17:11; I know the address
is valid so their hardware/software issue was the likely cause.

   They must have had a horrible weekend working to fix whatever broke. I
know their tech support folks work from home (started several months ago)
but I imagine their server facility is crowded now.