[PLUG] Printer help

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 2 12:56:30 UTC 2017

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, Denis Heidtmann wrote:

> Question is, what could be going on? I know that the information I have
> supplied is sketchy, but there is so much I could dig up that would not be
> relevant, and I do not have a good sense what might be relevant, that I
> hope to see a barrage of question helping me narrow the scope of
> relevancy.

Denis,

   For reason(s) unknown to me because I've not looked for them, CUPS will,
occasionally, silently refuse to print jobs for a printer. When the printer
status is 'ready to print' or 'idle' or 'accpting jobs' but nothing moves
from its print queue I've deleted the printer and re-added it with the same
parameters. That always clears the blockage.

   This happens infrequently enough that I remove/add the printer and go on.

HTH,