[PLUG] Web pages display no body text [was: Configuring fc-cache search path]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 4 17:09:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017, wes wrote:

> This test does not rule out DNS issues at all. However DNS is pretty far
> down the list of most likely causes of the symptoms you describe.
>
> Have you tried Chrome/Chromium?

Wes,

   These may all be related: font issues, no text on selected web pages, only
some text on other web pages, and both Opera and Chromium crashing
immediately upon opening. Perhaps a result of last weeks rains?

   Difficult for me to know where to start looking.

   I found two gstreamer versions installed, one from Slackware-14.1, the
other from Slackware-14.2. Why the 14.1 version was not removed when the
system was upgraded to the newer version I don't know. Removed the older
package and directory in /usr/share. Opera and Chromium still crash.

   I'm going to move /usr/share/fonts/ to a backup directory and re-install
all 14.2 fonts from the distribuion dvd.

   And I was hoping to get a full day's work accomplished today. Sigh. These
computer issues need resolving ASAP.

Thanks,