[PLUG] Email back up at Aracnet/Spiritone.

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Mon Oct 9 03:25:04 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-10-08 at 17:37 -0700, Tomas Kuchta wrote:
> I am not a customer, but it seems to me, from the negative post storm
> here,
> that the company is full disaster recovery mode.

I agree with the "disaster" part. I see very little evidence of
"recovery".

> I am not sure what/how a little company could do differently, except
> maybe
> out of band email to customers - how would the customers read it when
> everything is on-line.

They have a twitter account (which has not been updated in over a year)
which would be a very good place to put status updates. Indeed, that's
what the account had been used for in the past.  This time, no twitter,
no recorded phone messages, no phone response at all, for 10 days and
counting.

> How would you handle things differently? How would you email or call
> hundreds of thousands customers with 10-ish employee, 5 of which are
> technical and 3 phones and no account data on-line?

See comment above.  Lack of service is very, very bad -- lack
of information is *inexcusable*.

--
David Fleck <david.fleck at mchsi.com>