[PLUG] Printing from Virtual Box

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 00:48:22 UTC 2017

Thanks so much for the help and patience.  I was able to ping 10.0.0.244
successfully from both the host and the guest.  My understanding is that
the printer is accessed from the laptop host through the comcast wireless
modem/router.  I agree that I want to turn off the wireless direct in the
printer, but I want the printer to continue to get to the router
wirelessly.  When I was setting up the printer I was not sure what on/off,
yes/no applied to what.  I might now be better able to decode the dialog.
If this address is not fixed, I need to either assign a fixed address or
use a name, not an address, to set up the printer.  Which do you recommend?

I did shut off the promiscuous mode.  And the laptop host going dark was
due to me connecting directly (wirelessly) to the printer.  That should not
happen if I am able to follow your suggestions.