[PLUG] Printing from Virtual Box

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 03:13:40 UTC 2017

printer's name rather than the IP.  I thought I would continue in that
direction until I was either successful or could figure out why not.  I got
the name of the printer from the router--it said HP69E035.  I shut off
wireless direct.  Printing from the host still works.  I set up a new port:
TCP/IP; gave it the same name as the printer.  I went through the install
procedure.  Says it was successful, but it will not print.

I can reach the printer's embedded web server from the host and the guest
(10.0.0.244).  Right now I suspect the Windows Install may be the issue.  I
will try again using the IP address rather than the name, but I am not
optimistic.

Fortunately I can easily get by for some time without printing from the
guest on the laptop.  I want to hammer through this so that I learn.  That
is why I have stuck to bridging mode and using the name rather than the
IP.  But I understand there are advantages to NAT.  I should be able to
change to NAT when I have exhausted my ability to learn from the bridging
exercise.

I would go to the Clinic were I not signed up for something else through
11/19. If I still have stamina to learn from this after the 19 I will try
to get to the Clinic.

Thanks for all the help.  I welcome ideas on how to understand what may be
wrong.

-Denis