[PLUG] Router configuration

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 26 17:55:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, Cryptomonkeys.org wrote:

> Unclear what 'frontier's tech support shows the correct speeds on their
> network side' means. Can you elaborate? Also, what speeds are you
> expecting, and what are you getting? How are you testing? Just speedtest?

Louis,

   The service is for 15mbps up/5mbps down. Testing from their side shows
those speeds to the house. The installation tech used his Samsung tablet to
test the connection and when he and Frontier's Engineering Dept. got it
working in both directions he accessed www.frontier.com/speedtest and saw
the results of slightly greater than 15/5. I cannot view that page because I
don't run Adobe's flashplayer but have pepperflash-plugin-27.0.0.170
installed for/in firefox.

   Speedtest.net shows 3.5 down and 2.4 up, or 5.1 down and 2.9 up, depending
on which Portland server it applies. I expect 15/5, not 3-5/2-3.

Thanks,