[PLUG] Router configuration

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 26 18:25:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, Galen Seitz wrote:

> As others have said, please tell us what up/down speeds you are expecting.
> Please also tell us what Frontier connection speed/plan you signed up for.

Galen,

   Again, 15mbps down/5mbps up is what my service should deliver; that
that's what I expect here. I'm getting 3-5 down and 2-4 up depending on
which test server I use.

> What up/down speeds do you get from this site?  This should be very
> close to the advertised plan speeds.
> <http://speedtest.frontier.com/>

   I cannot load this page; it's blank because it requires Adobe's
Flashplayer (not installed here) while pepperflash-plugin-27.0.0.170 is
installed.

> You might also want to try this site:
> <http://speedof.me>

   This site finds 6.69Mbps down and 5.66Mbps up.

> It's likely that your router is underpowered for the speeds one might
> expect from a fiber connection. If you have connection that is measured in
> 100's of mb/s, it can take significant horsepower to route/firewall it.

   I've signed up for 15Mbps, significantly less that 100Mbps.