[PLUG] What to do when perl module installation fails

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Sep 13 12:44:54 UTC 2017

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017, David Fleck wrote:

> You can try brute force on the CPAN command line:
>  force  CMD    try hard to do command
>  fforce CMD    try harder
>  notest CMD    skip testing
>
> so, either 'force install', 'fforce install', or 'notest install' in
> this case, I think.
>
> No guarantees that this won't result in compounded problems down the
> line, though.

David,

   Is there a way to trace the reason for the failure? In the past MCCPAN has
told me there's an updated version available and how to upgrade, so I do
that first. Nothing about that this time.

   Finding the reason for the failure and fixing it is my preference. Are
there references or tools for non-perl coders to do this?

Thanks,