[PLUG] Internet access certificate issues

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Sep 15 09:52:14 UTC 2017

>>>>> "Denis" == Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtmann at gmail.com> writes:

Denis> [...] My son suggested that the router was attacked.  Other
Denis> explanations could be poor wired connections: one end of one of
Denis> the Ethernet cables is missing the mechanical lock. Maybe it got
Denis> noisy.  Also, it could be the power supply to the router is
Denis> failing.  I have not checked it yet.

Denis> My son want to examine the router.  How about you, Russell?

That sounds like maybe DNS poisoning, someone giving incorrect answers
to your device's DNS requests in order to try to redirect your browser
to a spoofed site, possibly to try to steal your credentials.

Don't tell your browser to accept invalid certificates!  Rebooting the
AirRouter should clear its cache.  Diagnosing probably involves running
tcpdump to see what's going on.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net