[PLUG] Thunderbird Profile size

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 20:43:19 UTC 2017

I am not sure what is too big - I recently migrated friend's laptop with
13GB of emails in it and there were no issues.

I guess it all depends how the email is organized. One heap of 13GB of
emails maybe too big, but reasonably organized directory structure breaks
it to manageable chunks for Thunderbird.

If you look into the directory, it is all text files and directories. I
imagine TB only loads what it needs - typically a directory.

You could experiment - backup your mail and the copy & paste your emails
until it starts slowing down or failing. Then you know the limits on your
system.

Tomas