[PLUG] Sluggish machine

Mike C. mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 21:59:28 UTC 2017

>> [3411389.621045] systemd-hostnamed[19228]: Warning: nss-myhostname is
>> not installed. Changing the local hostname might make it unresolveable.
>> Please install nss-myhostname!
> Dick,
>
>    I believe that nss is associated with mozilla-firefox.

*nss-myhostname* is a plug-in module for the GNU Name Service Switch
(NSS) functionality of the GNU C Library (*glibc*), primarily providing
hostname resolution for the locally configured system hostname as
returned by gethostname(2)
<http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/gethostname.2.html>.

More info for the curious here,
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/nss-myhostname.html

A quick Google only turned up one reference to MZ FFX and that was for a
minor security bug in CentOS.