[PLUG] gpicview and full screen

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 17:17:24 UTC 2018

On 04/06/2018 05:39 PM, michael wrote:
> I need to display a 1920x1080 checkerboard image as essentially the
> background on a Raspbian 8 system.  I need to do this from an SSH
> session.  X is running but there is no mouse and no keyboard do to the
> nocursor option...  So I can't click a full screen button or any button
> for that matter.  The gpicview image viewer takes zero command line
> options and displays the image at 33% which defeats the usefulness of
> displaying it.

Its been awhile since I played with lxde etc so this may be out of date.

Look in '~/.config/openbox/' for a file similar to 'rc.xml' or
'lxde-rc.xml' or lubuntu-rc.xml (if using that variant).  Save a copy
and then edit to change/add a stanza for gpicview under '</applications>'

<application name="gpicview">
      <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
</application>

Have fun!