[PLUG] How to confirm my router is safe

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Apr 24 22:16:21 UTC 2018

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA18-106A

There is some discussion of SOHO routers but none of the vulnerabilities
mentioned apply to you.  They mention:

  Telnet (typically Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) port 23, but
traffic can be directed to a wide range of TCP ports such as 80, 8080,
etc.),
  Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP, port 80),
  Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP, ports 161/162), and
  Cisco Smart Install (SMI port 4786).

None of those are accessible remotely on a stock OpenWrt firmware.