[PLUG] HP Color LaserJet 2500L: no color printing

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 1 21:37:37 UTC 2018

   Asking if anyone now here has expertise with HP Color LaserJet printers
and CUPS drivers.

   My 2500L worked well but I've not used it for many months. Two color
cartridges (black and yellow) needed replacing so when a color page printed
in greyscale yesterday I wasn't surprised. Today I changed both cartridges
and discovered that I still cannot get it to print in color.

   I'm using the CUPS+Gutenprint-5.2.11 driver. Neither CUPS nor The GIMP
will let me select 'color', only greyscale or reverse greyscale. Not before
having any issues with this printer I've no idea where to look for the
source of the problem.

   All ideas welcome.