[PLUG] CUPs: can't live with it. Can't live without it.

Ken Stephens kennethgstephens at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:28:28 UTC 2018

I have a print server and client.  Both run Fedora 28 and cups
(cups-2.2.6-16.fc28.x86_64).  The print server prints fine for the
connected printer, but the client will not print until it is rebooted.
Then any print is printed.  But try to print after that, it won't.
Firewalls have been disabled and no change in behavior.

An interesting and maybe unrelated problem on the server:
 ~]$ lpinfo
 ~]$ lpinfo -v
lpinfo: Bad file descriptor
 ~]$

My forehead is getting sore and the wall is getting marked up.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ken