[PLUG] Resolved: Brother Printer Woes

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Aug 6 00:16:42 UTC 2018

On 08/05/2018 03:58 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> <...>
> Dick,
>
>   Does the printer have a self-test function? A web search for the manual
> will have how to do this.
>
>   Also, is your Minty system using CUPS to print to the Bother? If so,
> try
> to print a test page from there.

I installed a driver for the MFC-7820N on my Ubuntu MATE 18.04 machine
and ran a test page. It worked fine. I deleted the driver from my wife's
Win7 machine, installed a new one, (just what was offered -- I forgot to
look for UPD. Her machine is downstairs where the printer is, so I
wasn't looking at my email at the time). Here Win7 machine prints fine now.

Thanks to you both for the ideas.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens