[PLUG] Caja always on top

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Aug 11 04:36:29 UTC 2018

On 08/10/2018 07:05 PM, Chuck Hast wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu Mate 18.04. But I am using Compiz, I do not see what
> you are seeing,
> you might try running under Compiz and see what happens.

I've been on the Ubuntu MATE Community site for the last couple of days.
A fellow there had me describe some things, and then he described some
things from his installation. What we discovered is that I may have
uncovered a bug in Marco, the default window manager. He was asking me
about a "reset Compiz" button in the MATE tweak tool, which I didn't
see, because it doesn't show up if Compiz is not selected. I guessed
that might be the case and tried switching to Compiz. The button showed
up. I ran my test and found that the problem had gone away.

During those couple of days I tried some tests and learned another
detail. Under Marco, if no other LibreOffice file is open, then when I
open a .doc or .xls file, focus switches to that file. But, if I already
have .doc or .xls files open in LibreOffice, then focus does not switch.
The fellow helping me thinks that's a bug in Marco. So, maybe I've done
my "duty" to the MATE team by finding something obscure. I suppose I
should go back and find a way to report it just in case a developer
isn't looking at the stuff I posted.

Anyway, I recall from several years ago that there was something in
Compiz I didn't care for. I don't recall what that was, but I'm hoping
it was something dependent on more processing speed or memory and it
won't show up now. In any case, I'll be working with Compiz for now, and
I might be able to call this one fixed.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens