[PLUG] VirtualBox on Slackware

Chuck Hast wchast at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:13:07 UTC 2018

I see all of this and wonder if you have given thought to VMWare Player,
for personal use it is
free, I use it all of the time when I cannot get something to run under
Wine, it sees the USB
stuff quite well.

I have not had issues with it seeing devices. I use it to program radios, I
am running Win 10
on a Ubuntu Mate 18.04 host. The radios look like serial USB devices to the
OS. Most of them
work just fine under wine, but one which seems the program is all buggered
up and even a
trick to run on Windows. Oh, I also use it for some Garmin stuff that will
not work on Wine.
Garmin should be ashamed, they sure use Linux behind the GPS screens on
their products
but cannot come up with a decent piece of software for Linux to talk to
their products.

Here is a bit from them about running workstation (player is WS without the
license)  under
Slack:
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/113